Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Motor Maids in Sturgis!



While I was at the Jeff Decker exhibit this year I the pleasure of meeting Ms. Gloria Struck for the first time, she was walking around with Matt Olsen and I just happened to be at the right place at the right time for an introduction and right off the bat I fell in love with this incredible lady!! The first words out of her mouth to me after our introduction from Matt were.."Did you ride to Sturgis or did you trailer your bike?" When I answered that I had ridden up from Florida she smiled that beautiful smile that grabbed my heart and said "That's great to hear, now I can keep talking with you otherwise I would have to move on even though your a handsome young man!" How cool is that??? Gloria RODE her Softail from Jersey to Sturgis, she is 86 years young and has been riding for 60 years!!! I can't really explain how awesome it was to meet her!!! The other beautiful lady that I managed to trick into a photo with me needs no introduction..Athena Ransom from Vagabond Choppers who is a Motor Maid herself! I have been friends with Athena and her husband Don for quite awhile now and I'm fortunate to have them in my life, I look forward to seeing and hanging out with them every chance I can! I think these two women have no idea how truly inspiring they are not just to me but to everyone who rides a motorcycle today..Roadside Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment